Whole Brazil nuts can be eaten raw as a snack or add them to other foods. Brazil nuts are fine to eat raw or roasted.
To cook Brazil nuts on the stovetop:
- Place a layer of Brazil nuts in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir the nuts every minute or so to avoid burning them.
- Continue cooking for about 5 to 10 minutes until the nuts become aromatic.
To roast Brazil nuts in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the nuts on a layer of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for 5 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet and stir the nuts.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the oven and season them with salt, herbs, or spices.
- Allow the nuts to cool completely before eating them.
Try adding Brazil nuts to pad Thai dishes, trail mixes, or pesto. Alternatively, use chopped Brazil nuts as a nutritious topping for oatmeal, salads, or even brownies